Buhala Boarding is DANGEROUS

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #174 by Tim
Buhala Boarding is DANGEROUS was created by Tim
I want this to be a warning
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Mike G and I went Buhala Boarding Saturday morning.

We used a football pitch, it was a cold northerly, icy wind. But as it is quite energy sapping you get warm real quick. Mike did some decent gybes. He can sail switch stance quite well, and you need to be able to do that to Buhala gybe. I've tried but it feels all wrong. I got a few decent runs and a turn or 2. It is difficult to judge the wind, without water you can't see the gusts coming. So you can get catapulted or just stop when the wind dies! Still it is good fun and good winter practice too.

I left Mike at noon as I had a commitment and left Mike on his own. Then DISASTER. Mike got hit by a gust and broke his leg. He snapped his tibia. A specatator called an ambulance. Right now he is in the Lister Hospital. Poor bugger. Gonna be in plaster for 6 weeks now. His op is being done right now....

Look out for a Buhala board on ebay.

I've posted some photos B4 it all went wrong. Send Mike your regards, he's a bit down I guess, and yesterday, was certainly a bit shocked.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Phill
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #175 by Phill
Replied by Phill on topic Re: Buhala Boarding is DANGEROUS
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hope he recovers well. What ward is he in. I might drop by when I'm up there tomorrow

• Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #176 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic Mike
He's in 5A NORTH. So you go up to floor #5, and ask for A North. He's just passed the nursing station over by the window in the right. He's coming out on WEDNESDAY. So I'm sure he'll be glad of a visit. I took him some pictures.

Poor Bugger.

Merry Christmas to you Phil.

Tim

• Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #177 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic THE BRICK AWARD
:)

I've discussed Mike's predicament with Tony. We've decided that he ABSOLUTELY MUST win THE BROGBOROUGH BRICK. This award which is an annual and perpetual trophy (not sure if it really can be classed as a trophy), is made to the windsurfer who has done the most stupidest thing in the year. Mike's actions and misfortune are totally BRICK-WORTHY.

Unless anyone wishes to challenge.... otherwise I NOMINATE MIKE.

:lol:

More
18 years 4 months ago #185 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
I'd vote for Mike too least if he wins it I can't win for fracturing my shoulder 3 weeks before going on holiday!

• Phill
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #199 by Phill
Replied by Phill on topic Re: Buhala Boarding is DANGEROUS
I'd vote for him too. But what with thursday night racing he can't win everything this year.

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds