Theres something missing

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
18 years 1 month ago #326 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
When I arrived at Brog this morning a large part of the lake was frozen. As wind got up the ice started to move it was quite spectaular as the weight of the ice pushed against the shore on the pylon side of the lake even causing large rocks to move and almost bending scafold poles that were sticking out of the water. After a while of watching I returned to the club house to say morning to Tony. Just after talking to Tony about how we were lucky that the ice didn't come to the jetty end of the lake as I think it would of destroyed it we looked at the screen for the weather station, something wasn't right.
There was something very wrong looking out across the lake there was 200 acres of water and ice no platform no weather station.
I know it was there yesterday Tony said I'd been at the lake looking at the water for about 30 mins before Tony arrived and I can't say if it was there then or not but thinking back I don't think it was but I didn't miss it!
After going out in the boat (thankfully it started) it appears that the moving ice has pulled the platform over with weather station attached and is now fully submerged
Anyone know any divers to recover the weather station from about 10ft of freezing water?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #328 by hugh jarmes
Any photos?

Old Tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.

More
18 years 1 month ago #329 by carl
Replied by carl on topic Re: Theres something missing
has it pushed the scaffold along the lake bed into deeper water or simply pushed it over (surprising what the elements can do)

More
18 years 1 month ago #330 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
It pushed it over we could see where it was lying on its side. The weather station was recoverd by divers today Phil has taken it home to see what the damage is. We will now find out how waterproof it was or wasn't

• admin
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #331 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Phill
I'll get onto it tomorrow. There are pics on the blog of the rescue team and some underwater shots coming soon

More
18 years 1 month ago #332 by carl
Replied by carl on topic Re: Theres something missing
are all the old blogs lost for good or can they be recovered :(

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds