Global Warming

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
18 years 1 month ago #352 by carl
Global Warming was created by carl
Are these people aving a laugh or what!!!!! looks like another week of very low tempuratures is it ever going to warm up (bloody cold up the lake on Sunday morning.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #353 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Global Warming
On top of everything we are now facing a hosepipe ban. The lake is very low for this time of year so we need all the rain we can get to top it up before the summer.

The only problem with lots of rain this time of year is it encourages weed growth. Last year this was a real pain and I often had to stop to deweed my fin.

The current cold weather may actually be a blessing on this front as it will kill off a lot of the weed before it starts.

This winter has been a very poor one on the wind front though and the only time it has been windy has been during the week with none at the weekends. It has also been far too cold. I went out last Friday and the memory of the hot hands is putting me off sailing again.

Lets hope it warms up soon and the traditional spring winds arrive.

More
18 years 1 month ago #354 by badexcuseforawindsurfer

Lets hope it warms up soon and the traditional spring winds arrive

Is that the same as the traditional autumn and winter winds?

Ive not even looked at the forcast this week

More
18 years 1 month ago #355 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Global Warming
Must be - as when the clocks go forward in about two weeks time - it's then British Summertime :?

• admin
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #356 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Global Warming
Saturday is now forecast 30mph and 10 degrees on the south coast but another bloody easterly. I think I may give Brog a miss and head for Esso beach for a bit of flat water blasting. At least the sea will be warmer.

Last time I sailed there in an easterly the wind was really clean and dead flat

• Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #357 by
Replied by on topic Re: Global Warming
Where's Esso beach?

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds