The week from 27th march

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
18 years 1 month ago #389 by carl
Replied by carl on topic Re: The week from 27th march
I was out wednesday for the first time in 4 months and felt really uncomfortable and ached real bad the next day (must of been doing it really wrong) ive had my had in the mags and am really gagging to get out tomorrow and improve and hopefully get plaining again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #390 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The week from 27th march
Carl,

Have you seen the forecast? It'll be really windy. Hire the smallest sail you can.

Alex,

Where were you today?

Friday I didn't make it to the lake as I was working ig Gosport. I borrowed a board from there and had a great 6.5m day but my body is really aching.

Saturday turned out to be much windier than forecast but I rigged a 6.5 and as the wind increased I wished I hadn't. A 5.5 would have been better.
I first went out on Tony's Kombat 106 and for a board of this volume it feels really big and floaty. Very easy to tack but jibing must be done off the front foot to come out planing. I then borrowed Mark the Roofs Kombat 95 and a wonderful board that is. It still felt big but handled the chop easily and jumped like a dream. When It was time to get back on my St104 it felt really small by comparison. But so much faster though a lot harder to control on the chop.
I had a brilliant day and everything hurts nicely.

Bring on Sunday :D

• admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #391 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The week from 27th march
Sunday was another epic day. With most people out on 4-6 meter sails I rigged a 5.7 and was very well powered up to that point when the knuckles go white.

I was very impressed with Pip who was out on a 6.4 with his feet first dismount being one of the highlights of the day.

Another was when the wind picked up to a force 8-9. I was struggling on a 4.5 and just as I got my front foot in I noticed neils board gracefully flying 20ft in the air but without it's rider. Due to watching this I had left it too late to get my foot in the back strap and was forced to hang on with all my remaining strength just to get back to base. At this point, with the wind blowing up to 55mph I decided to quit berfore I broke something.

I would sleep well tonight if it wasn't hurting so much. We need a masseur at the club.

More
18 years 1 month ago #392 by carl
Replied by carl on topic Re: The week from 27th march
I must remember to always add another 10 mph onto what xcweather is forecasting :x

More
18 years 1 month ago #393 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
Xc weather always forcast low
Went to christchurch today comfortable on 4.7 all day, even out on 89lt board for a time and the sun was shining

• Visitor
18 years 1 month ago #394 by
Replied by on topic Re: The week from 27th march
Fantastic day on the speed strip un Sunday. I've never gybed so well. Fully tanked up on the 5.4, cranked flat. Doin full on end to end stuff aiming high to get the flat stuff hlafway along. Racing Mike later. We all did around the 50 kmh mark. I forgot my GPS this weekend but I know I've never gone so quick. Scary fast even on the flat stuff. Robs mates were taking pictures at the beach so I can't wait to see the results.

Bad luck to Paul. It's part of the learning process. A real confidence booster for the bionic man.

This weekend has been as good as a Dahab trip with wind and great location for 4 days of sailing. Brill. Not seen Weymouth so good, the kiters were not there except for one twit getting in the way at times. We've all got tans (3 days of solid sun), aching arms, smiles and a tale to tell.

Time to create page: 0.358 seconds