The Coming Week

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
18 years 1 week ago #419 by alex
The Coming Week was created by alex
Is that wind I see for Tuesday (and 18 degrees) - lets hope the jet lag isn't too bad, and I may go out!!

Only one small win so far but I'm sure I'll blow it on the last night :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• admin
  • Visitor
18 years 1 week ago #420 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: The Coming Week
I'll be up Tuesday (suprise, suprise). If you win the drinks are on you.

• admin
  • Visitor
18 years 1 week ago #425 by admin
Today was not bad at all. Although on big sails the wind was very constant and, for once, not gusty. I was out on my 8.5 tbird and carve 144. I had been working most of the night and after just 3 hrs sleep I was making lot's of mistakes.

I for the first time this year I wore a 3/3 with short sleeves and It made quite a difference on the arms. At last the summer is almost here.

Tim was out on his new JP Slalom 134 and although it took a bit of getting used to after a while he was flying along. I'm sure the Thursday night racing will be a lot closer this year. The return of John Boulter to full health will make the light wind days interesting too.

• Tim
  • Visitor
18 years 1 week ago #426 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic 134
Phil.

It took me a good couple of hours to get the hang of the new board. The foot straps are right on the OB limit. And I'd never used the sail either! So the boom and lines took a while to fiddle with.

I also found it DOES go up wind, and it does it well.

Jonny B came up and asked if I was on 7.5 after he overtook me. Cheeky git. I'd only been on it 10 minutes!

The wind picked up later which was a nice end and the sun came out too. Lovely.

I think that's it until after the weekend now!

I got 25.7mph. Which aint bad for the conditions.....?

• admin
  • Visitor
18 years 1 week ago #431 by admin
I've dusted off me tent as this weekend I am camping at the lake. I doubt there will be much wind but a few beers and a big fire will be lovely. Sunrise at brog is a great sight. I should be in bed before then.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds