Pidgeon Point, Tobago by Stuart Cockerill. Conrado Beach Res

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 1 week ago #421 by
I'm a windsurfer but went to Tobago for a diving week several years ago. My buddy & I stayed at the Conrado Beach Resort. We were just about the only people staying there apart from a chap who said he was David Thomas of Sportif.
What a dump it was but much worse was the problem of getting breakfast there every day before 9 am when the dive minibus was arriving to take us diving.
Fortunately a chap who was from the UK staying there who said he was the lady hotel owner's son did eventually get us some sort of breakfast in time.
One evening my dive buddy and I went out for a meal returning to the Conrado at 10:30 pm.
The place was locked up and we could not initially get in. It took some 10 minutes of us throwing pebbles at the only lit window of the place, which happened to be the lady owner's room, before we could rouse her out of bed and gain entrance. She appeared to be very not with it and an argument ensued. We talked to David Thomas later about our bad experience there, but he seemed indifferent and indicated all was OK.
The good news was that the countryside away from the airport is beautiful, the people friendly and a load of fun, the diving at Speyside excellent, and on another occasion when I was in Tobago for 2 weeks with my wife I enjoyed the flat water sailing, albeit using 95 litre boards and sails from 5.5 sqm upwards.

When I go back to Tobago again I WILL NOT stay at the Conrado www.mytobago.info/accommodation2a.php/12 despite it being just a 5 minute walk to the windsurfing hire place.
I am disappointed that Sportif still advertise the Conrado.
www.sportif-uk.com/NewFiles/DiveSportifTab.html
There are plenty of other hotels and apartments in this part of the island: www.mytobago.info/restaurants01a.php

Footnote:
I have been on quite a few holidays via Sportif. I used to think that they had got expensive but last year they did a bargain 2 weeks for my wife and I at the Indian Resort in Mauritius. What a nice place and superb windsurfing. Harty got the timing of his masterclass in Maritius in November last year spot on for the conditions. Well done Peter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 1 week ago #422 by

More
18 years 1 week ago #423 by stuart
Replied by stuart on topic Guest Comments
Dear all

Only comment I want to make is that I put my name to the review on pigeon point, as such I wrote something that was balanced and accurate from my experience. No offence intended.

Stuart

Stuart

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds