Hayling

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • Phill
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 11 months ago #476 by Phill
Hayling was created by Phill
Sunday saw me head to Hayling after a late phone call from Neil. I arrived at half 9 and it was blowing it's socks off. I met up with Neil, Geordie and Ralph in the cafe for brekky then we headed for the water. Neil and Andy rigged 5.5s while Ralph and I 6.5s. Although a little overpowered at times it was fantastic. We met Mike G on the water who was easilly planing on a 5.2 with an 85ltr board. I don't know how he does it. He was doing all sorts of tricks and it looked like he was trying 360's in the straps.

We all had some great fun mucking about in the waves at the end of the sand bar. Neil pulled off an awesome jump looking like he was never going to land. Later the rain arrived and killed the wind but Neil and Andy went out for one final blast in the squall. We all derigged in the driving rain and headed home knackered but smiling.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #477 by mike g
Replied by mike g on topic Re: Hayling
Yes, an awesome weekend.

I guess you guys packed up at about the time that my mast foot broke! The UJ sheared right through whilst I was out at sea but fortunately I managed to sail back with the sail just about connected to the board by that 2mm thick safety leash. I don't know when the UJ actually went but I was sailing along thinking that something felt a bit weird and looked down to see the mast foot sitting on the deck about 2 inches to the side of where it should be! Needless to say, I sailed straight back to shore without any messing about. The second that I stepped off in the shore break, the string broke and the board was washed up with me holding just the sail. :shock:

After a quick change of UJ, I got back on the water to see Phill slightly in front of me but after that, the Brog contingent were gone. Although the rain was hard at times (it hailed at one point), the wind held up for quite some time and with the tide coming in the waves got bigger and steeper for jumping... I finally came off the water at 3pm.

I nearly pulled off a strapped carving 360 in front of the Brog guys (who were standing in the shallows) but I did manage to do a couple elsewhere. I guess my success rate is currently about 1 time in 10 but the failures are usually very close.

One of my group from Vass pulled off an awesome forward loop to which the rest of us thought 'b@#tard'... in the nicest possible way! Anyway, I was jumping again yesterday so I now have more confidence in my ankle.

Looks like there will be some good evenings this week. See you at Brog!

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds