Alex Bike Ride

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
16 years 11 months ago #908 by markc
Alex Bike Ride was created by markc
Hi Alex
How did the bike ride go ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #909 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Re: Alex Bike Ride
Very wet!!!! The ride was great fun despite the weather which included a thunderstorm and downpour halfway round (that was on top of the persistent rain that began before we did but also finished just before we did).

My sister managed to find a couple of pairs of old waterproof trousers which was great - although they were no longer that waterproof - still, they kept us dry for an hour or so!!

We took about 3.5hrs in total - not a great time, but to be fair, two of the other people we were cycling with don't cycle much at all, and it was only fair that we all stuck together - there was a little cojoling of them over the last 8 miles or so!! The fact that it was a fairly 'gentle' ride is probably the reason that neither of us were stiff this morning - it certainly didn't feel like 32 miles, although in total we cycled about 34.5 - to the train station and then from Waterloo to the start (my sister had one of those infamous 'I know a short-cut' routes!!! - not!!!)

Thank you very much to anyone who sponsored me - I shall now be on your backs asking for the monies!!! Between my sister and I, we raised nearly £700 - so well worth it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds