HONC Hell of the North Cotswolds

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 3 months ago #1108 by Tim
Promoted by the cycling club I rode for before I moved eastwards 10 years ago, the HONC is one of the reliability rides that should be on every MTBers calander. I've done it twice before, the first time on a road bike, and yes the bottom bracket literally dropped out at the end!

www.honc.org.uk/

Well organised, well marshalled and with good tracks it is either 100km or 50km. I shall do the 100. I have interested a Badger fellow and a Mike M....

You need nobblies and front sus to smooth it out. There were a couple of village hall t stops I remember, but perhaps it is more organised now.

I've entered already. And I advise you to aswell as there is no entry on the line, as last years it was oversubscribed and that was 1000 people.

:twisted: Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 3 weeks ago #1216 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic HONC Route
I've got the HONC Route card from the club on its way. It is very confusing, turn right at the 3rd rock on the left, proceed through "Unsuitable for Motors", fork left at brown cow after thatched cottage..... Anyway, I've got a memory map file from a friend, which will be a great help, anyone interested?

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1217 by jase_mk
It's my 30th so I think I'll have other plans I'm afraid. I'll have to come and join you guys for a ride one Sunday though when there's no wind - got a couple of 100km-ish events myself this summer and need to start pulling my finger out with the training!

Wouldn't mind having a crack at this HONC next time round though...

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #1218 by badexcuseforawindsurfer
We have heard all about your map reading Tim :P

Im still awaiting my route card when did yours arrive maybe I need to hurry them up with mine.

What events you doing Jase? are you doing any of the merida events Ive signed up for the merdia at Ruthin in north wales its a tad hill round there though

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #1221 by jase_mk

What events you doing Jase?

I'm doing a couple of adventure races - mixture of biking and running with a few other random things thrown in, like kayaking etc. Rat Race Adventure in June, which is approx 100km over a day and a half and one of the Ace Races 1 day events in July which is a bit shorter. Just a bit of fun really!

• Tim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 2 weeks ago #1223 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic HONC Route
I've got the HONC Long route. Both as a word file picture and as an MMO file for memory map, to upload to your GPS. I can do that with the 201 and it works really well.

My map reading is generally pretty good. I think one mistake last year and that's it the piss takers jump in and piss take!

:)

I'll forgive you all - dont fret.

If anyone wants it let me know. I wont upload it. I dont want to get into trouble with the organisers.

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds