Your help wanted.

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
  • admin
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #2020 by admin
Your help wanted. was created by admin
Sometime in the next couple of weeks this site will be upgraded to a new system. Some of you may have noticed that the frontpage has at least 5 new stories per day grabbed from around the net. This has been all part of my testing on grabbing news from all over the place and now I am almost ready to grab it from RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Youtube, Instagram to name but a few. All this will be done automatically every 30 minutes.

So the problem was that the current frontpage layout just couldn't handle the large amount of news from the windysurfing world in an easy to access format. Ontop of that the engine that this site is based on is now outdated so I need to move to the all singing new version.

So what help do I need? Not a lot really, just a big list of good Facebook pages to grab news from, good Vimeo and youtube channels or user to grab videos from etc. I have currently setup feeds for video from all the brands but I would much rather have videos from non advertorial sources. I am sure there are plenty of fantastic ones out there.

I also need a couple of users who are happy to logon to the windsurf.me.uk twitter account now and then and re-tweet any good tweets. Obviously I do not want every single tweet that pops up on twitter slapped on the frontpage, just the ones that are worthy and all it will take to post them here is to click the re-tweet button.

The whole idea should work well and give a single page to catch up on all the latest windsurfing news and other content whether it is from your PC, Mac tablet or phone hopefully the new site will work for all.

Just place your feed links here and I will add them to the list.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds