This weeks new stuff

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
11 years 6 months ago #2060 by admin
This weeks new stuff was created by admin
Firstly I would like to thank Chris of Zakel Windsurfing ( www.zakel.ws ) for allowing us to add articles from his RSS feed.

As you can see from the articles below, Chris is doing a stunning job on Zakel Windsurfing with some great interviews and other windsurfing news.

Interview with Tonky Franz - www.windsurf.me.uk/index.php/120-social-...iew-with-tonky-frans

Summer waves in Greece - www.windsurf.me.uk/index.php/120-social-...mmer-waves-in-greece

Koster vs Traversa - www.windsurf.me.uk/index.php/120-social-...rkind-vs-modest-hero

This week also sees the return of the Gallery. It is now running on a new and friendlier platform making uploading and viewing much smoother. Feel free to upload your own windsurfing pics. In a little change to the old site, you need to be registered to upload simply to stop spammers.

Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: graemef

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2066 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic This weeks new stuff
Keep this up and you'll end up last man standing, any sign of Boards mag?

More
11 years 6 months ago #2067 by admin
Replied by admin on topic This weeks new stuff
Quite a worry isn't it. Boards mag is late with an apparent release put back to Oct 15th. That is from facepage as there is naff all comment on the problem on their site or forum. The Boards forum is beginning to get a bit tumbleweed with basher putting his oar in on just about every thread and now only about 8 regular posters. I miss the old days of KS vs OTYA vs WC vs Grumpf vs Basher. What went wrong FFS?

More
11 years 6 months ago #2068 by NeilT
Replied by NeilT on topic This weeks new stuff
Oi, can you two keep the noise down. I've moved in here for some peace and quiet as it's a place where I can voice my banal, misguided, and un-informed views without being contradicted; and you two are bleating on about windsurfing.
Really!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #2069 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic This weeks new stuff
Sorry Neil, we'll try to keep the noise down, as to what happened, it was the bad way that the backroom boys were treated, plus KS OTYA & WC caught Strava then came out on road bikes and have since pretty much given up windsurfing for the moment. I spent far too much time there and am trying to wean myself off these places in general with not a lot of success as evidenced by my post here (I haven't turned off the email notification of this one so it's not as easily ignored), but I did say I'd keep an eye here and it would be nice if a totally none aligned resource for windsurfers rather than one using us as ad and hit rate fodder continued to be viable, we just need some more folk posting.

Sadly there are now more calls on folks keyboard time in the shape of Facebook & Twatter and in my case dare i even think it, but the yotties seem to have more enthusiasm for the things I'm interested in than the windsurfers. Racing doesn't grip folk in windsurfing like it does in dingo world and there I'm still learning stuff, and I get more laughs there than on Boards could you ever have imagined that, not so long ago?

As to all the MIA, there are to many to remember, but as well as KS OTYA WC, there's Nick, Adam and a lot of the lunnon drinks mob gone, the camber mob, the minster bunch, hardly post, I don't think you can blame basher, he was always a tolerable annoyance for his other graces, but with lower noise levels in the asylum, the rantings of a particularly loud one do tend to become more annoying and he has pissed lots off as I must have done over the years. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a huge influx other than from Johnny pimping Foreigner to fill the void and they aint funny. So the entertainment value has gone and so must I for now, the phone's ringing...
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by graemef.

More
11 years 6 months ago #2070 by galeforce8
Replied by galeforce8 on topic This weeks new stuff
I said it over there and I'll say it here:

you can be anything or anybody you want on the internet, no one knows who you are but it continues to surprise me how many people given the choice choose to be complete prats !

They should ban him and be done with it. I thought the latest rant was shocking.

Anyway on a more positive note, Grumpf does anyone still stock Dakine Nitrous Shorts ? I need a new pair, my current ones are showing their age...

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds