Sunday 11th December

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
12 years 3 months ago #1826 by phill104
Met up with Flat Eric (you should have seen one of his landings today), Nick the tea boy (hot chocolate today, thanks mate), Rotator DaveK and Graeme (Burton, not Fuller) with his good lady in the Sea Lanes cafe. After a huge chunk of cake we headed to Ferring. I rigged a 5.0 on the 80 with others on similar give or take a few ltrs.

The first couple of runs we're total under powered pants. I couldn't be bothered to re rig so I switched to the 95 which turned out to be a good choice as the wind picked up leaving Eric a screaming with his 6.0 that he had just changed up to.

All of use were flying and having loads of fun. I managed a 6 bottom turn wave wiggle which made me smile especially having under rotated on one landing on my Harris with a big splat. I have quite a bruise forming on my lower back. I think it was just too onshore as I had to turn a little upwind to jump and I think that is why I landed on my arse whinceing.

I was lovely and warm until it was time to get changed. Taking off the wetsuit in that biting wind was no fun at all.

Back home and totally knackered but smiling. Thanks to all the forumites above for making it a fun day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik the Viking

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #1827 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic Re: Sunday 11th December
Well I spent the day en famile, putting up decorations then having to tidy up my office, came across a bag of stuff my sister had bought down after my dear old mum passed on earlier this year, in it were Issues 1/1 to 1/6 of Windsurf, you can imagine how I spent the rest of the afternoon, wondering where the last 30 years went and how quick it happened.

I'll get the scanner on them some time, there's some classic stuff from that moment in time when everything changed so dramatically, the year 1981 into 82.

More
12 years 3 months ago #1828 by Erik the Viking
Would love to see the pictures Graeme.

As Phill says we had a great day at Ferrrring. Was really worried we would get skunked, but glad it came through in the end.

Always enjoy sailing with mates and a bit of banter. Nick's van seems to be getting more bling every time I see it :woohoo:

• admin
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #1829 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Sunday 11th December
I would love to see them too. I had some really old mags a while back but they seem to have vanished. The "Why the clamp on boom will never catch on" article was a classic.

More
12 years 3 months ago #1830 by Erik the Viking
Found an old French windsurfing mag from circa 87 in a box not long ago. It was cr*p...well rubbish windsurfing wise, but the frogs like the naked ladieees :whistle:

More
12 years 3 months ago #1831 by rod
Replied by rod on topic Re: Sunday 11th December
Had a great day sailing at Overcombe today - landed a ton of forwards and getting higher and faster... I first sailed at Overcombe around 1979 / 1980 with Dave Perks and Dave Hackford among others. Back in those days I used to try and get my Dufour wing airborne with a storm daggerboard and incompetently glassed in foot straps.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds