Boards forum...painful to use

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
12 years 5 months ago #1742 by Lostboy
Hmmm yes, a Gaastra will look quite strange on a softer topped mast like the Tushy, loads of (over) rotation in the bottom battens and yet with a leech that looks like it's got twice as much material in it than it should have.

If you want to go down the new mast route then I'd recommend the K3 Battlestick. That's worked well in Gaastra, later Naish models and Severne, all of which require stiffer topped masts.

As you have the mast it's probably easier to take a hit on the sail and go and get yourself a North, Tushy, Ezzy etc. all of which work on that sort of mast bend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1744 by Harryo
Thanks Lostboy. Are you sure about the Norths. They seem to be at the lower end of the constant curve spectrum. According to that unifiber chart anyway.

Good new on Boards. Fast now.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Harryo.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1745 by Harryo

Harryo wrote: Thanks Lostboy. Are you sure about the Norths. They seem to be at the lower end of the constant curve spectrum. According to that unifiber chart anyway.

Good new on Boards. Fast now.

Don't know what happened there.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Harryo.

More
12 years 4 months ago #1755 by windy_ken
I came back here to bleat about the mbongo fiasco and the endless spambots, to find the whingers thread has gone all off topic about ezzy sails.....

where's the CinC when you need him :unsure:

More
12 years 4 months ago #1758 by Erik the Viking
You can be the new CinC Ken.

When are you back in the UK to freeze?

More
12 years 4 months ago #1761 by windy_ken
Hey Erik - I'm out here another two weeks before heading back over Christmas. Then it's back to Carib for another three months :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds