Escaping the madness

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
12 years 3 days ago #1954 by richardvanaken
It's a joke.
I've been banned as well, I'm not getting any reply from the contact form and I can't register a new account as the confirmation mail never arrives. WTF?

Forums in general seem on the decline. iWindsurf.co.uk used to be quite busy, but they've had 3 posts in the last week and the last session log is over a month old. Where's everyone going?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #1957 by richardvanaken
Now I've got those HWIFY's out of my system I feel better. :)

I see Nick logged onto boards for a bit this morning, but he's still banned. Probably having the problem as me.

More
12 years 3 days ago #1958 by phill104
Replied by phill104 on topic Re: Escaping the madness
Yeah, I don't think forums in general have much legs left in them especially in sports like ours. Facebook and the like have taken over big time though I have yet to bother myself.

Quite miffed about the number of Boards regulars to be banned. You would have though that would have been their top prioroty. It ain't hard to look at the banned list and fix it so I have no idea why they have not put in the bloody effort. At the very least they could send out a global email to their list with a contact form to get it sorted. They are not doing much good for their reputation which is already tarnished IMHO.

More
12 years 2 days ago #1959 by richardvanaken
Thanks for the help on Boards. I should try and stay away, but it's just so useful for getting help on spots when you aren't a local. The three of us are still banned.
Nick boards.mpora.com/forums/member.php?u=85233
Duncan boards.mpora.com/forums/member.php?u=85315
Me boards.mpora.com/forums/member.php?u=543604

More
12 years 2 days ago #1960 by graemef
Replied by graemef on topic Re: Escaping the madness
Did they get to the bottom of who hacked it? I did wonder if it was a revenge attack by ex staff, it would have surprised me, but it did occur to me I must admit.

It's pretty fucked, days go by without laughter or a gag.

I've had to re-enrol on that STW place to get my fix.

I'm on Facebook but never fancy sharing the stuff I do here with all the folk that are linked on fb, it would be too random, it's one thing Google + offered had it been a bit quicker off the mark when it had the chance and everyone was interested. A simple Boards Forum circle would have worked, probably too late now.

More
12 years 2 days ago #1961 by richardvanaken
Even if someone got into the admin section, I can't imagine they would be able to corrupt the database. I think someone got in, fiddled a bit, they tried to restore a backup and something went wrong. At least with the registering screwed up they aren't getting any new spam, other than that sunglasses bloke.

I'm supposed to be in IT, but I still don't understand Google+. I've added various friends in different circles, but all I ever see is some trending news from Google with comments from users in the far east. :dry:

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds